Kangaroo Header Image
Kangaroo Header Image

I want to know more

You can apply for your Robin Hood card throughout the year; the cut-off date for requests is the 25th of each month. Due to provider processing times, travel card requests require a clear calendar month between receipt of your form and the effective travel start date (e.g. requests received before 25th September will be valid from 1st November). We will contact you by email (or letter if you don’t have access to a computer) to confirm when you can collect your card from the Victoria Bus Station (Broadmarsh Bus Station is currently closed for refurbishment).

The cost is spread over 12 monthly instalments deducted from your net pay. When your card is due to expire we will contact you to advise that unless you request cancellation, your card will automatically be renewed. We will also notify you if your instalments will increase due to a price increase imposed by the provider.

If you wish to cancel your card you must notify us by email and we will arrange cancellation from the end of the month. You must return your cancelled travel card to the My Benefits Team on the 1st of the month, or the next working day if the 1st falls on a weekend or Bank Holiday.

If you cancel your season ticket at the end of the 12 months you have purchased travel for no cancellation fee will be payable. If you cancel your ticket mid-year Robin Hood will charge a cancellation fee of 10% of the remaining balance of travel left on the card, plus £10.

Cancellation Charges
If you cancel your card at the end of the year’s travel you have purchased, no cancellation fee will be payable:

If you cancel your card mid-year, the provider will charge a cancellation fee of 10% of the remaining value of travel, in addition to a £10 administration fee, which will be deducted from your net pay.

Leaving NTU
If you are leaving NTU you must notify us by email to confirm whether you wish to either:

  • Cancel your card - please see above for details of this process. You can request for your card to remain valid until your last day of employment, and it must be returned to the My Benefits Team on your last day.
  • Keep your Robin Hood card and continue to use it - we will recover any outstanding balance owed from your final net pay, however, if this is not possible you will receive an invoice for the outstanding amount.

Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
If your card is lost or stolen you must contact City Card on 0115 876 2700, by email at public.transport@nottinghamcity.gov.uk or visit them at the Victoria Bus Station or Broadmarsh Centre Travel Centres. A replacement card will be issued at a cost of £3, payable by you, and your previous card will be invalidated. If your card has been stolen and you provide a crime number there will be no replacement fee.

Please visit the Robin Hood website for information on:

  • Participating travel operators
  • Areas covered and boundary map
  • Contact details and address

If you have any further questions about buying or cancelling your Robin Hood card please contact us. All specific travel related questions should be directed to the customer services team at Robin Hood.